We are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join our team. As a Mechanical Design Engineer, you will be responsible for overall design activities for all projects of Organization. You will report to Engineering Head of Organization. As Mechanical Design Engineer, you shall be responsible for optimal utilization of the droughting team and providing inputs for preparation of all drawings
- Prepare / Review Design calculations, BOQs, provide inputs to the droughting team for preparation of GAD, Fabrication, shell development, piping layouts, isometric etc.
- Liaising with project site execution team/ client consultant for updating all engineering activities, issues faced due to design changes/material specs during construction phase.
- Provide technical inputs to contracts manager for variation/ claims order due to change in tender specifications/ design/ material.
- Liaising with external design consultants. Review and optimize design in line with latest standard, codes, safety and costs.
- Update and review daily engineering progress for all projects and provide hinderance alerts to the project coordinator/ planning engineer to avoid delays in execution due to non-availability of fabrication/ construction drawings.
- Ability to understand and use various National and International Codes and Standards, use them effectively in designing activities and providing optimal design solution including value engineering.
- Knowledge of compatibility of material of construction.
- Ensure that project timelines are not delayed due to engineering issues.
- Ability to forecast and plan for pending issues and resolve them timely.
Required Candidate profile
- Prior experience in Tank Fabrication and pipeline works
- Preferred Industry – Chemicals and Oil & Gas
- Self-motivated and high performing
- Ability to perform under minimal instructions.
- Time management and planning
- Methodological approach
- High Attention to detail
- Excellent IT skills and relevant knowledge of design software including Staad.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Work as part of a team and individually
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical
- 15-20 years of relevant experience
Desired Candidate Profile
UG:Diploma - Any Specialization, B.Tech/B.E. - Mechanical