JOB DESCRIPTION: OVERVIEW
Junior Accounts Officer (JRACO) has to provide administrative and clerical support to the financial department by managing daily accounting tasks etc. on a daily basis, most important being tracking of statutory payments, submissions ensuring these are adequately taken care of whilst accounting.
Working directly under the supervision of an Accounting Manager or any other position compatible with the responsibilities assigned to lead the team of Accountants including Accounts Assistants, will provide suitable directive, guidance in ensuring the daily discharge of accounting responsibilities and its reporting etc.
Some of the facets of a JRACO can be listed as follows:
1. Key instrumental player in the Accounts team responsible for maintaining a cohesive, well-organized and disciplined team that takes fullest responsibilities for day to day maintenance of proper accounting of financial transactions, reconciliations, safe custody of financial documents etc.
2. Ensuring all statutory tax deductions and other known deductions are adequately taken care of whilst accounting and processing payments and ensuring these are paid off on or before its due date including on line filing / submissions of tax returns etc.
3. Provides timely review of General ledger accounts, analysis, create due accruals and month end provisions etc, leading to smooth month end closure and its reporting
4. Conformity of Receivables & Payable s account as assigned
5. Ensuring all payments are properly vouched, validated and approved for payment before it is sent for signature
6. Application and follow up with Banks for monitoring & utilisation of fund and non-fund based position vis--vis limits in close coordination with Manager Accounts responsible for the same.
7. Monitoring overdue receivables and follow up with delinquent customers
FINANCE & ACCOUNTS: TASKS & OUTPUTS:
1. Effective day to day supervision of financial accounting and its allied activities
2. Review, process and Post financial entries to ensure all business transactions are timely and accurately recorded.
3. Review and approve expenses, payroll records etc. as assigned.
4. Review and process RTGS, NEFT and DD request on priority basis for payment to be made to vendors
5. Review and update accounts receivable position.
6. Review and update accounts payable position
7. Review, validate payment and receipt entries in TRIO, Tally or any other ERP & Excel as assigned
8. Review General Ledger balances, take corrective actions where needed, accrue and pass necessary adjustment entries to reflect the true position as of month end
9. Assist in the preparation of balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements according to legal and company accounting requirements and financial guidelines.
10. Review and approve Bank Reconciliation for all banks of as assigned with clear status
11. Prepare and submit weekly/monthly reports incl stock statements, cash flow and funds flow report
12. Review and submit fund and non-fund utilisation reports.
13. Assist Senior Accountants in the preparation of month end and year end accounts closure formalities etc
14. Assist Senior Accountant and / or HOD with other accounting exercise including preparation of reports etc
15. Assist in preparation of audit schedules for year-end audit and tax audit etc
Perquisite Skill Sets:
Bachelors in Commerce/ Masters in Commerce or equivalent Additional diplomas or degrees in areas of Management, Logistics, Computer Science would be an added advantage . Hands on experience on MS Office, Accounting Software, databases. Reasonably good working knowledge on accounting and financial reporting principles and practices needed.
3 5 years of experience in a manufacturing and / or trading environment, Supervising day to day financial transactions, ensure statutory deductions, payments and its submissions are taken care of, ability to draw financial statements, MIS Reports, stock submissions to Banks etc., Exposure to fund and non-fund based transaction would be an added advantage
1. Committed, Dedicated Team Player able to lead a team work force comprising of Accounts Assistant etc.
2. Positive Outlook.
3. Self - Motivated Individual and ability to work independently with minimal supervision
4. Proficiency in analysing, manipulating huge volume of data with speed and accuracy
5. Good oral and written communication skills.
6. Good organizational skills and ability to prioritise in terms of need based deliveries
7. Effective in delegating work routines, monitor and ensure its timely deliverables
8. .Ability to work under pressures and put in extra / long hours and on holidays when needed.
Candidates staying in the vicinity of New Mumbai and / or Harbour line will be most preferable
If interested, send your cv at firstname.lastname@example.org
or Contact HR - at 8779693154
Salary: INR 3,00,000 - 4,25,000 P.A.
Industry:Iron and Steel
Functional Area:Accounts, Finance, Tax, Company Secretary, Audit
Employment Type:Permanent Job, Full Time
Desired Candidate Profile
UG:B.Com - Commerce
PG:M.Com - Commerce
We focus on comprehensive selection, placement, and training of high quality talent at various levels ranging from mid to senior level management across multiple industries. Our team comprises of experienced recruitment and training professionals with in-depth knowledge of various sectors.
Contact Company:HR Ace