- Ensure compliance to Banks AML/KYC policies procedures and Regulatory requirements pertaining to the Branch.
- Support the business by providing compliant solutions to Regulatory issues / requirements and to intervene where necessary to prohibit a transaction/ process/ business proposal.
- Pro-actively and promptly escalate any critical issues to ensure that the Bank is not investigated, charged, fined or publicly castigated by any of the regulatory authorities.
- Assist the Manager Compliance & MLRO (MBIN) in the implementation of Compliance initiatives in International Banking Group (IBG) - as may be determined / guided by HO-Compliance from time-to-time.
- Maintain ongoing awareness/ current knowledge of relevant applicable internal/ external compliance requirements and the existing/emerging legal/statutory /regulatory environment identify any issues that could impact the bank.
- Review country AML Laws, Guidelines & best practices - inform and assess any compliance risk accordingly.
- Ensure the Banks internal procedures / policies stay compliant with regulations and any changes provide guidance/ advice to Branch Management as necessary review SOPs from compliance perspective.
- Maintain pro-active relationships with business, facilitating timely involvement to ensure compliant solutions to business issues.
- Communicate all applicable Regulatory Notices/ Circulars to management in all concerned areas. Assist in developing /maintaining/ updating the KYC/ AML Policy.
- Conduct and assist in AML/ Compliance Training programs to all Branch staff on an ongoing basis as required (including new staff within 3 months of joining) to raise awareness and ensure all staff understand their responsibilities/obligations with regard to Corporate/ AML Policies and regulatory/legal/statutory requirements, etc.
- Represent Compliance as appropriate at International Banking seminars.
- Serve as focal point for Branch users configurations, trouble-shooting, updates, UAT, implementation for KYC on-line system.
- Supervise staff supporting on compliance and provide necessary guidance and coaching to them on ongoing basis.
- Prepare all Reports/ MIS/ MER on issues of Compliance/ AML and ensure that the same are provided in a timely manner to the Manager Compliance & MLRO (MBIN) and IBG-HO-Compliance, as well as assist in any reporting required by CENTRAL BANK/other regulators any critical issues to be promptly escalated.
- Ensure that all relevant Product Programmes, SOPs etc. are in compliance with applicable regulatory requirements as well as Mashreq Bank AML/KYC Policy.
- Assist IBG in developing & administering the compliance monitoring methodology across the Branch effectively and ensure issues are escalated, as necessary.
- Analyse suspicious transactions reported by units / overseas branches, undertake investigations where required, and submit / review (as appropriate) STR (Suspicious Transaction Report) prior to submission to the particular regulator(s), in a timely manner with complete and accurate information.
- Ensure review and clearance of transactions referrals received from overseas branches.
- Provide all required assistance in driving the implementation of AML System mapping / scenario/ parameterization coordinating with all units / areas in IBG and HO as necessary.
- Conduct analysis of the system efficiency and recommend changes to scenarios / parameters based on regulatory framework and /or internal product enhancements.
- Surface risks proactively and be actively involved in all Branch activities in order to mitigate compliance risks and identify early any potential regulatory lapses.
- Represent Compliance in any ad hoc projects as directed by the Manager Compliance & MLRO (MBIN)
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:Banking / Financial Services / Broking
Functional Area:Financial Services, Banking, Investments, Insurance
Employment Type:Permanent Job, Full Time
Desired Candidate Profile
We focus on comprehensive selection, placement, and training of high quality talent at various levels ranging from mid to senior level management across multiple industries. Our team comprises of experienced recruitment and training professionals with in-depth knowledge of various sectors.
Contact Company:HR Ace